It’s Resolution Time, Baby!
I think this is the biggest resolution list I’ve ever had.
But that’s okay. I think it’s important to make long- and short-term goals. I probably won’t meet half of them, but if I don’t try, I’ll never know.
I’m breaking this post up into two categories: Blog Resolutions and Day Zero Project Goals + (adding a few extras). Without further ado, here are my resolutions.
- one post a week
- some kind of image with each post, with every image being an original except images linked for a specific purpose
- enhance content by planning projects and posts in advance as much as possible
- continue tweaking layout/header
- Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Visit two new states. (0/2)
- Visit Beth and Ryne way up yonder where they live.
- Read to Clark every night for a month straight. (0/31)
- Watch fireworks somewhere special on the Fourth of July.
- Write a letter to Clark for when he goes to college.
- Take Clark for swim lessons.
- Go camping.
- Build a snowman with Jason and Clark.
- Find a mutually-liked church and go regularly.
- Plan something special for Jason’s 30th birthday.
- Make a new family holiday tradition.
- Go to a Reds’ game.
- Take Clark to a drive-in.
- Take Clark to Disneyworld.
- Make cookies as a family.
- Save $5k.
- Pay off all debt (except student loans).
- Don’t spend any extra money (aka anything that isn’t bills, gas, or groceries) for a month. (0/31)
- Pay off my car.
- Lose 5 pounds.
- Lose 10 pounds.
- Lose 25 pounds.
- Learn to run a mile continuously.
- Learn to run a 5k continuously.
- Compete in a 5k and finish.
- Go to the gym 3 times in a week for 6 weeks. (0/18)
- Drink only water for a week straight. (o/7)
- Get at least 7,000 steps on my pedometer for 2 weeks straight. (0/14)
- Do 10 real pushups in a row.
- Dine at a five star restaurant.
- Buy myself something nice for losing 25 pounds.
- Learn how to use my Nikon on “manual” (this is assuming I can get my camera to work again).
- Clear out all the “junk” songs that are bad recordings, duplicates, or just plain terrible from my music library.
- Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years.
- Make a piece of lettered artwork full of things that make me happy.
- Learn to speak basic German enough to converse with my family (again, haha, since I used to be able to do this!).
- Shop at Findlay Market.
- Visit a vineyard.
- Read the entire Bible.
- Ice skate outdoors.
- Make a wedding/honeymoon scrapbook.
- Finish Clark’s baby book scrapbook.
- Have a booth at a craft show.
- Send a care package to a random soldier.
- Volunteer at RMH without NHS.
- Skype with my friends who live away.
- Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.
Yes, this is a RIDICULOUSLY long list, but I only have just over a year and a half to finish my DZP goals anyway! I’ll try to post updates periodically as well as updating the page if you want to pop over. Check out their actual website if you don’t have a blog to keep up with your goals.
What are your resolutions? Do you have an exhaustive (and exhausting!) list like mine or just one or two goals?