Before I delve into my goals for July, let’s take a look at how I did for June:
- Finish the nursery – DONE! We’re just waiting until the shower on August 1st to put a few final finishing touches on it. After all, if I have to hear my grandmother say, “Leave stuff for us to buy!” one more time, I might scream lol. So I am waiting four weeks before I worry about this again. We do have a little bit of stuff currently living in the closet, but my mother in law is taking it home with her after her late July/early August visit, so I don’t count that as not being finished.
- Finish giving the house a deep cleaning – we are most of the way done with this! Tomorrow is the monthly dump day in our county (where you can take items that you can’t normally throw in the trash to the dump for free), so a lot of this goal is dependent on our trips tomorrow. Pretty much everything else is done except the carpet cleaning, which will happen during the next two weeks room by room as we have time.
- Reorganize the kitchen cabinets – this one is also halfway done. Currently, all my pots and pans are sitting in recyclable Kroger bags on the floor in the kitchen waiting for me. This is actually my goal for today and tomorrow. In fact, I was planning on doing this right after I finish this blog post and make lunch 🙂
- Go through the house and do a room-by-room – Well, the page is up, and as soon as we take our stuff to the dump tomorrow and clean the carpets, we’ll get pictures up! I realize, however, that I am absolutely DREADFUL at taking pictures indoors and never seem to be able to capture more than 1/4 of a room in a picture, so hopefully these won’t be a total disaster.
- Add in a couple more Q&A’s – we haven’t really had many questions, so I haven’t been able to do this. Get your questions in, people!
Also, I did want to say a huge thank you to my readers – I’ve been getting picked up on some Google searches (mostly because of our use of Glidden’s Warm Caramel in our nursery!) and I had over 650 views last month! This made my heart smile 🙂
Now, onto July goals! I’m not making too many goals for July because I know that my schedule is already full as can be (a bridal shower and bachelorette to host, an out-of-town visitor, and only 6 weeks to be prepared for the beginning of a new school year and new classes, with only 10 weeks until our little one gets here!).
- Get together clothing donations and take to donation center.
- Locate (and maybe purchase) some cabinets for the dining room to make a “pantry” and “coat closet” – we’ve already been looking and know some good sizes, but I’m talking about going to the reuse center and seeing what they have because the cabinets we like at Lowe’s are $200 each (and therefore not doable for a few months).
- Find a good weekly post topic that doesn’t depend on a project each week – with my schedule about to be amped up to the max, this is important if I want to keep posting regularly.
Again, not too much, but I imagine things will be a little slower for the next few months as our lives get pretty crazy!
One thought on “July Goals”
holy crap, you’ve gotten SO much done!! when you’re finished, do you want to help me clean out my room lol? the kitchen cabinet reorganization–are you just putting like items with like, or putting heavy stuff within your reach so the baby bump doesn’t keep knocking into things?
i’ll do my best to work on a few questions for your Q&A segment!