Day Zero Project
To be completed by September 26, 2013.
To Do: 58
In Progress: 16
Cannot Be Completed: 7
1. Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
2. Visit two new states. (0/2)
3. Visit another country.
4. Visit Beth and Ryne way up yonder where they live.
5. Take Clark to the beach.
We took Clark to Florida on a spontaneous trip to see his Mawmaw and Pawpaw over Memorial Day weekend. It was a short one (Saturday night flights to Tuesday morning flights) but getting to see him at the beach was awesome! He loved the sand; Clark dug his fingers and toes in repeatedly. He was also great about the water – splashing, watching the waves, and not being scared when the water came towards him.
6. Read to Clark every night for a month straight. (0/31)
7. Watch fireworks somewhere special on the Fourth of July.
8. Write a letter to Clark for when he goes to college.
9. Take Clark for swim lessons.
11. Build a snowman with Jason and Clark.
12. See a show (play, musical, symphony, ballet) with Jason.
3/2011 – Pops Goes Celtic, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Music Hall – we gave up our decent seats for terrible wing seats so an elderly couple who couldn’t use stairs, but it was still a good show! I personally prefer more traditional classical music when at Music Hall, but this was right up Jason’s alley.
13. Attend midnight showing release of HP7.2.
We were seated in the front row of the Luxe Level, which meant we had priority seating an hour early and were able to order dinner, drinks, and dessert before (and during if we wanted) the movie. Not only was the movie amazing, being able to relax and have dinner with tons of other HP fans who were just as enthusiastic about laughing, crying, and screaming with us. To quote Minerva McGonagall, “I’ve always wanted to use that spell!”
14. Go out of town to a bed and breakfast.
15. Find a mutually-liked church and go regularly.
16. Plan something special for Jason’s 30th birthday.
I have something planned, so here’s hoping that we can actually make it happen!
17. Take a spontaneous trip.
Over Memorial Day weekend 2011, we took a spontaneous (planned a week in advance) trip to Florida! But hopefully this isn’t the last one. We’d like to take several more spontaneous trips soon!
19. Make a new family holiday tradition.
In Progress: I’ve got some ideas pinned to my Pinterest traditions board right now, but any suggestions would be appreciated!
20. Go to a Reds’ game.
21. Take Clark to a drive-in.
22. Take Clark to Disneyworld.
23. With Jason, teach Clark to read.
24. Make cookies as a family.
25. Save $5k.
26. Save $10k.
27. Save $15k.
28. Save $20k.
29. Pay our student loans down to less than $100k (Yes, I know! Yikes!).
30. Buy a house.
Canceled: We’ve decided to put this off until the next DZP list.
31. Pay off all debt (except student loans).
In Progress: Two more bills to go! Lots paid off!
32. Don’t spend any extra money (aka anything that isn’t bills, gas, or groceries) for a month.
Completed: April 2012
33. Save $5 for every item completed.
34. Pay off my car.
Paid off in July 2012!
35. Put $100 in savings for each item not completed by the end of the 1,001 days.
36. Get my credit score up to a certain number (sorry keeping this private!).
In Progress: half way there! Of course, now that I’m a real estate agent, I understand how this works so much better and have actually raised my bar a bit higher.
Health and Fitness
37. Lose 5 pounds.
38. Lose 10 pounds.
5/21/2012 – Woohoo!
39. Lose 25 pounds.
40. Lose 50 pounds.
41. Learn to run a mile continuously.
42. Learn to run a 5k continuously.
43. Compete in a 5k and finish.
44. Go to the gym 3 times in a week for 6 weeks.
45. Drink only water for a week straight.
While I did use those Mio things to help flavor the water, I actually made it THREE weeks with no pop!
46. Get at least 7,000 steps on my pedometer for 2 weeks straight.
Looking for a good, cheap pedometer – my job no longer offers Virgin Health Miles
47. Do 10 real pushups in a row.
48. Dine at a five star restaurant.
49. Buy myself something nice for losing 25 pounds.
50. Find the perfect Little Black Dress.
51. Learn how to use my Nikon on “manual”.
In Progress: While I haven’t been able to perfect things since my camera broke again, I’ve been experimenting more and more with the manual settings and modes.
52. Make a piece of furniture.
53. Clear out all the “junk” songs that are bad recordings, duplicates, or just plain terrible from my music library.
54. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years.
55. Make a piece of lettered artwork full of things that make me happy.
56. Be a part of Improv Everywhere or something similar.
57. Learn to speak basic German enough to converse with my family.
58. Make a home inspirations binder.
Canceled Goal: I’m changing this because of Pinterest, where I have successfully pinned things without taking up physical space in a binder.
59. Get TBP back up and running with regular posts at least twice a week.
In Progress: Keep working on this one. It will happen one day!
60. Buy footie pajamas.
61. Treat myself to two spa services in one day.
62. Shop at Findlay Market.
2/26/12 – We visited Findlay Market and walked around for a bit. Because we went on a Sunday close to closing time in February, a lot of the shops weren’t open and we didn’t get to spend enough time, so we decided we’ll go back on a Saturday in April when the Farmer’s Market starts up again!
63. Visit a vineyard.
64. Read the entire Bible.
In Progress: While I have already read almost half of the Bible for a college course, I’m going to start at the beginning and read chronologically.
65. Ice skate outdoors.
This one might have to wait until the next list since I’m not allowed to ice skate this winter!
66. Try 20 new cheeses. (6/20)
In Progress: Feta, Gouda, Goat, Havarti, Brie, Gruyère
67. Leave a 100% tip on a restaurant bill of at least $7.
68. Make a wedding/honeymoon scrapbook.
In Progress: I used my swagbucks to redeem a $50 gift card for Shutterfly so we can get our wedding scrapbook when we budget for it. Maybe I’ll have enough for another $50 gift card soon? UPDATE: Shutterfly canceled my book because of changes to their site, so I have to start all over again
69. Finish Clark’s baby book scrapbook.
In Progress: I’ve organized pictures chronologically and have a lot of the papers I need.
70. Have a booth at a craft show.
In Progress: I think I’ve figured out what to sell in large quantities, so I’m working on development and purchasing materials to begin construction of the items.
71. Go horseback riding.
72. Write 100 things I like about myself (doesn’t have to be all at once). (2/100)
- I am fiercely loyal to my friends.
- I am very passionate.
73. Mail out Christmas cards.
In Progress: Didn’t make it last year, but I’m already exploring this year’s cards.
74. Make a submission to DeviantArt.
This website is no longer what it was before (a place to buy artwork that is chosen and featured – now it’s just a forum).
75. Take a fun class — cooking, photography, etc.
76. Count my blessings and meditate on my life every night for 5 minutes before bed.
In Progress: I’ve been doing my best on this one. It’s not every night, but I do try as much as possible.
77. Have 200 visitors in one day to TBP.
My highest count as of 7/5/12 is 158! Although, if my Summer Bucket List post keeps gaining views on Pinterest, that may change soon.
78. Sell something on Etsy.
I’ve made and shipped two orders, and I have two paid orders for tomorrow as well as two other orders in the “convo” stage.
79. Find a wine that I love.
Blackberry wine! Apparently I don’t like wine made from grapes…
80. Volunteer at a hospital or become a part-time medical translator.
Canceled Goal: I started working on this and found that it just won’t work with my schedule, unfortunately.
81. Send a care package to a random soldier.
82. Volunteer at RMH without NHS.
83. Skype with my friends who live away.
Done! I’ve spent time with Valerie and Ashley. Now I just need to keep doing it!
84. Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.
85. Write a random “you inspired me” letter.
I painted a card and wrote to a friend who inspired me. You know who you are
86. Help a student pass the AP test.
Fail. I tried, at least. It was an unfortunate situation upon which neither I nor the students had control.
87. Start my Master of Arts in French or something similar – maybe a PhD in French?
Let’s call this one done since I completed an MAT to give me a Rank I!
88. Finish writing my teaching book.
89. Make an honest attempt to sell said teaching book.
90. Finish all the books on the MA reading list and make a “cheat sheet” for each.
Canceled: No longer working towards MA in French. Although, I did take and pass two examinations for my MAT – can that count?
91. Make myself up for school everyday for a month (as in, fix hair properly and do makeup!).
I’m calling this one a win since I’ve been super cute everyday for July 2011 as a Realtor!
92. Present a professional development session.
93. Get my students to see outside of their bubbles.
3/17/11 – This is a win after an in-depth culture talk today. Students were asking very respectful but curious and genuine questions. I hope to have more moments like this.
94. Have all lessons and materials prepared two weeks in advance at some point during the school year.
95. Get my Rank 1.
DONE! I have my Rank I now, and I’m loving the pay raise that goes with it.
96. Teach a college class.
97. Grade all papers in the same day for two weeks. (o/14)
98. Get out of bed a half hour early for a whole work week. (0/7)
99. Get accepted to the Master of Arts in French program at UC.
Canceled: UC’s program is something I’m no longer interested in, especially since they don’t have a PhD in French anymore.
100. Love my job passionately.
101. Make a new 101 list.